Find a roofer in Galesville, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Galesville, Wisconsin. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Galesville, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Galesville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Galesville, Wisconsin
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Galesville, Wisconsin, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.