Find a roofer in Fremont, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Fremont, Wisconsin
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Fremont, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.