Find a roofer in Fox Lake, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for a roof job?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Fox Lake, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Fox Lake, Wisconsin. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.