Find a roofer in Evansville, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Evansville, Wisconsin. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Evansville, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Evansville, Wisconsin. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.