Find a roofer in Durand, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Durand, WI
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Durand, WI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.