Find a roofer in Deerfield, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Deerfield, WI
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Deerfield, WI, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.