Find a roofer in Dane, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What season is good for a roof job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical cost per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Dane, Wisconsin
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Dane, Wisconsin, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.