Find a roofer in Cornell, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Cornell, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Cornell, Wisconsin. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.