Find a roofer in Columbus, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Columbus, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Columbus, WI. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.