Find a roofer in Colgate, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the most appropriate season for roofing jobs?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Colgate, Wisconsin. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
At what stage should I consider getting a roof inspection done?
Many roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Colgate, Wisconsin
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Colgate, Wisconsin. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.