Find a roofer in Colgate, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Colgate, Wisconsin. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Colgate, Wisconsin
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Colgate, Wisconsin, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.