Find a roofer in Clintonville, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Clintonville, WI
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Clintonville, WI, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.