Find a roofer in Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Cedarburg, Wisconsin
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.