Find a roofer in Cedar Grove, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Cedar Grove, WI. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Cedar Grove, WI
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Cedar Grove, WI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.