Find a roofer in Cascade, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Cascade, WI. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Cascade, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Cascade, WI. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.