Find a roofer in Cambridge, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to have roofing services done?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
What is the appropriate time to schedule a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Cambridge, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Cambridge, Wisconsin. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.