Find a roofer in Burlington, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which time of the year should I book an appointment for my roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate time to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing contractors advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Burlington, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Burlington, WI. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Burlington, WI. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.