Find a roofer in Brooklyn, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Brooklyn, Wisconsin. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Brooklyn, Wisconsin
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Brooklyn, Wisconsin. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Brooklyn, Wisconsin. Find the right contractor for your property today.