Find a roofer in Ashippun, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Ashippun, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Ashippun, WI. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Ashippun, WI. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.