Find a roofer in Alma, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate rate for repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Alma, WI. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Alma, WI
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Alma, WI. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Alma, WI. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.