Find a roofer in Allenton, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Allenton, WI. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Allenton, WI
If you need roofing maintenance services in Allenton, WI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.