Find a roofer in Abbotsford, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Abbotsford, Wisconsin. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Abbotsford, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Abbotsford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Abbotsford, Wisconsin
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Abbotsford, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.