Find a roofer in Yelm, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Washington // Yelm
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofing specialist?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What kind of prices are affiliated with repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Yelm, WA. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Yelm, WA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Yelm, WA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.