Find a roofer in Yakima, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Yakima, Washington
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Yakima, Washington. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.