Find a roofer in White Swan, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in White Swan, Washington. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in White Swan, Washington
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in White Swan, Washington. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.