Find a roofer in Westport, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Westport, Washington
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Westport, Washington, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.