Find a roofer in Waverly, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Waverly, Washington
If you need roofing maintenance services in Waverly, Washington, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.