Find a roofer in University Place, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near University Place, WashingtonRoofing // Washington // University Place
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofers typically price their services for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I budget for rooftop repair expenses?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in University Place, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in University Place, Washington. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.