Find a roofer in Union, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Union, WA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Union, WA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.