Find a roofer in Tumtum, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Tumtum, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Tumtum, Washington. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.