Find a roofer in Tacoma, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Tacoma, WashingtonRoofing // Washington // Tacoma
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How much does a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected price for roof maintenance services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Tacoma, Washington. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Tacoma, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Tacoma, Washington. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.