Find a roofer in Spokane, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the usual cost of roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate price range for fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Which is the best time for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Spokane, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Spokane, Washington. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.