Find a roofer in South Cle Elum, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near South Cle Elum, Washington
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in South Cle Elum, Washington. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.