Find a roofer in Selah, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Selah, WA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Selah, WA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Selah, WA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property today.