Find a roofer in Seattle, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Seattle, WashingtonRoofing // Washington // Seattle
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to arrange for my roof evaluated?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the cost for fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Seattle, Washington
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Seattle, Washington. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.