Find a roofer in Sammamish, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sammamish, WashingtonHome // Washington // Sammamish
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Sammamish, Washington
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Sammamish, Washington, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sammamish, Washington. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.