Find a roofer in Rosburg, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Rosburg, Washington
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Rosburg, Washington. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.