Find a roofer in Rock Island, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Rock Island, WA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Rock Island, WA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Rock Island, WA. Find the right contractor for your house today.