Find a roofer in Ravensdale, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Ravensdale, WA. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Ravensdale, WashingtonHome // Washington // Ravensdale
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Ravensdale, WA
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Ravensdale, WA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.