Find a roofer in Rainier, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Rainier, Washington
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Rainier, Washington. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.