Find a roofer in Pullman, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Pullman, WA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Pullman, WA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.