Find a roofer in Port Ludlow, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Port Ludlow, Washington. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Port Ludlow, WashingtonHome // Washington // Port Ludlow
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Port Ludlow, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Port Ludlow, Washington. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.