Find a roofer in Port Angeles, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Port Angeles, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Port Angeles, Washington. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.