Find a roofer in Orting, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Orting, Washington. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate time to request a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate price range for fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Orting, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Orting, Washington. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Orting, Washington. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house now.