Find a roofer in Odessa, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Odessa, WA. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Odessa, WA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Odessa, WA. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.