Find a roofer in Oakville, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Oakville, Washington. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Oakville, Washington
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Oakville, Washington, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.