Find a roofer in Oak Harbor, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oak Harbor, WashingtonRoofing // Washington // Oak Harbor
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal price charged by roofing contractors for a replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are related to fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the average price roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Oak Harbor, WA. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Oak Harbor, WA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Oak Harbor, WA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.