Find a roofer in Newport, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Newport, Washington. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Newport, Washington
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newport, Washington. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.