Find a roofer in Napavine, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Napavine, WA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Napavine, WA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.