Find a roofer in Moses Lake, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the best season for roofing jobs?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Moses Lake, WA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Moses Lake, WA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.